Certified and Licensed Appraisers
Fine and Decorative Arts
* Eighteenth Century European and American paintings and decorative arts,
* Nineteenth Century European and American paintings and decorative arts,
* Twentieth Century European and American paintings and decorative arts,
* Sterling Silver and Silver Plate: Flatware, Hollow ware and Decorative items,
* American and European Art Pottery, Porcelain and Glass,
* Rare Books and Ephemera,
* Eighteenth Century European and American furniture,
* Nineteenth Century European and American furniture,
* Twentieth Century European and American furniture,
* Persian and Oriental Rugs.
• Certified Appraiser of all appreciable and depreciable personal property, currently
appraising Fine Art and Decorative Arts for Estate, Insurance coverage and Donation.
• Qualified Appraiser, Internal Revenue Service
• Qualified Appraiser, Appraisal Standards Board
• Appointed to the Task force of Appraisal Standards Board of the Appraisal Foundation to revise Personal Property appraisal standards 7 and 8.
• Accepted as expert witness, Montgomery County Circuit court, Md.
• Appraised important artists’ work for donation to American Universities, public and
private fine art galleries.
• Advised on repair and conservation of damaged paintings and decorative objects,
• Published Reviews on Artists and Museum Events for a variety of publications
• Achieved Private Client Services Credential
Education (Not including approximately 15 CEU per year)
2018: FAE Two Day Valuation Seminar
2018: USPAP update
2017: Appraisal of Japanese Prints, Dr. Daphne Rosenzweig, Phd., ISA CAPP
2017: Maryland Historical Society: 18th-19th Century Furniture
2016: Antiquities Trafficking And Art Crime, University Of Glasgow
2016: USPAP update
2015:World Certification in Art History, Smithsonian Institution
2014:USPAP update, ISA Certified Level requalification
2013: Foundation for Appraiser Education: 2 Day Valuation Symposium
2012: Foundation for Appraiser Education: 2 Day Valuation Symposium
2012: USPAP update
2011: Brunk Auctions Valuation course
2009: Qualified and received certified appraiser status
2008: 15 hour USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice)
2005: Principles in Valuation (American Society of Equine Appraisers)
2004: George Washington University Center for Professional Development:
Certificate in Appraisal Studies in Fine and Decorative Arts/Connoisseurship
2001-2004: All Core courses of the American Society of Appraiser program
1985-1990: Independent Fee Appraisers Principles of Valuation appraisal courses
1976: Graduate courses at Smithsonian Institution Conservation lab under Dr. C. Rose
1976: BA: George Washington University: Art History and Anthropology
International Society of Appraisers: Certified Member
(Serving on the Special Appraisal Selection Committee and the Ethics
Served on the Board of Directors and the Foundation For Appraisal Education
Currently serving on the Board of the National Capital Area Chapter of the ISA
American Society of Equine Appraisers: Certified Member
• 2008-2009 - ISA Service Award
• 2009-2010 - ISA Special Merit Award
• 2014-2015 - ISA Leadership and Service Award
•The OSS Society, Inc, MD Carroll County Historical Society, MD Society for the Blind, Universal Unitarian Church, UMD: Joseph Sheppard Gallery, CIA, Sandy Spring Museum, etc.
I have been asked, "What is an ISA CAPP?" I explain that the acronym stands for the highest level of certification available in the International Society of Appraisers (ISA) which is "Certified Appraiser of Personal Property" It is attained after the accredited candidate fulfills a demanding demonstration of competence and ability by examination, hours of experience and report writing. The process is difficult enough that many appraisers do not attempt it, and fewer accomplish it.
Suffice it to say, the CAPP designation indicates a personal and professional level of expertise that is accepted by the Internal Revenue Service and courts of law and should give confidence to the client that their appraisal will be in accordance to the current laws, rules and regulations
Personal Property, Equine and Real Estate Appraisers
MONTGOMERY APPRAISAL GROUP, INC.
We have two locations!
329 Charred Oak Court
Annapolis, MD 21409
8808 Mustang Island Circle
Naples, FL 34113
Office phone: 301-879-3204
Personal Property and Equine:
Aloysia Hamalainen ISA CAPP, ASEA
cell: 240-277-7250, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elin Hamalainen ISA
John Hamalainen cell: 301-466-3504, email email@example.com